Nootropics are also called "smart drugs" and "cognitive enhancers." The theory holds that they help you think better, remember more, and be more alert, creative, focused, and motivated.
Whether you're near the end of your life and suffering from memory loss, in your middle years and needing to stay alert during that afternoon slump, or a college student needing to enhance your memory, nootropics can help.
They can also help people with ADHD, anxiety, and confused thought processes.
We believe in them so much here at VALI that we sell a few supplements that research and word of mouth are saying help improve your thinking processes.
You may have heard that nicotine, modafinil (Provigil), methamphetamine or Adderall are nootropics . They are considered to be smart drugs, but we do not touch them here at VALI.
All of our products are found in nature, whether produced by the human body or outside of it. And VALI supplements are third-party tested for purity and are also made in the United States.
The three main nootropic supplements that VALI sells are Time-Release Caffeine, Neuro Force, and Caffeine and L-Theanine. We explore each supplement in detail below, with links so you can buy them if you want.
Neuro Force supplement
- TRANSPARENT & PROVEN FORMULA - Using the highest quality ingredients to promote laser sharp brain power and better mood, there’s nothing proprietary or secret in the formula. Simply 10 physician recommended ingredients that work - including: 30mg of AstraGin, 50mg of DMAE, 50mg of GABA, 50mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid, 75mg of L-Theanine, 150mg of VegiSurge Natural Caffeine, 150mg of Bacopa Whole Herb Extract, 150mg of N-Acetyl L-Carnitine, 250mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, and 300mg of L-Taurine.
To break down some of these ingredients:
- DMAE, Healthline.com says , is a compound that some believe can enhance memory, improve mood and brain function. Advocates of DMAE say it can have benefits for patients with ADHD, Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia, and depression.
- GABA is another compound thought to have many benefits, according to WebMd.com . It may help relieve anxiety, improve the mood, and treat ADHD. But don't stop there, it also reduces PMS symptoms, helps grow lean muscle, burns fat, relieves pain, and stabilizes blood pressure, according to WebMd.
- Bacopa seems like another miracle worker when you read about it on WebMd . The herbal extract, also called brahmi, treats Alzheimer's, to improve memory and thinking, to reduce anxiety, to treat ADHD.
- The type of carnitine in VALI is perhaps the most effective form to help your brain, according to Healthline.com . Studies in animals show it may help prevent mental decline from aging and improve learning. It may also, human studies show, reverse loss of brain function from Alzheimer's. It may also improve brain function in alcoholics.
- Tyrosine, according to Healthline.com , may increases levels of dopamine, adrenaline, and norepinephrine, neurotransmitters that improve memory and perhaps performance under stress.
Caffeine & L-Theanine
Our Amazon page on the Caffeine & L-Theanine supplement  reads:
- CLEAN FORMULA & ZERO ADDITIVES - Simply a vegetarian capsule with 50 milligrams of energizing caffeine and 100 milligrams of stress reducing L Theanine. Take two capsules if you want 100mg caffeine and 200mg L-Theanine to get the extra strength dosage you need. Zero artificial flavors, additives, or preservatives. Free of banned and questionable substances. Gluten free. No soy, Vegan & Non-GMO ingredients. Proudly made in the USA in an eco friendly facility under the latest FDA cGMP guidelines.
We recently published a blog detailing some of L-Theanine's benefits [https://www.valiup.com/blogs/vali-blog/l-theanine-benefits-people-in-several-ways]:
- For one, it boost levels of chemicals that calm the brain, including GABA, dopamine, and serotonin. The magazine says these are neurotransmitters that regulates mood, emotions, alertness, concentration, sleep, energy, appetite and other types of cognition.
- L-theanine may also decrease excitatory brain chemical levels and chemicals linked to anxiety and stress. It also increases the amount of chemicals that make you feel calmer. These benefits may help protect against damage related to stress and age.
- In addition, the VALI supplement  enhances alpha brain waves, which are linked to feelings of wakeful relaxation, which you may feel while being creative, daydreaming, or meditating, without causing sleepiness. L-theanine may actually trigger alpha waves, enhancing focus, relaxation, and creativity.
Time Release Caffeine Supplement
- It can help make you more alert, and focus better.
- It can help you feel more vital and awake, including during long-distance and nighttime driving, night shifts, when you’re down with the cold, during the afternoon slump at work, and if you have jet lag.
- Improves cognitive function.
- Slows mental decline related to aging.
- Can help you remember things better. According to Michael Yassa, an assistant professor of psychological and brain sciences at Johns Hopkins and the team lead of said study,
"We've always known that caffeine has cognitive-enhancing effects, but its particular effects on strengthening memories and making them resistant to forgetting has never been examined in detail in humans… We report for the first time a specific effect of caffeine on reducing forgetting over 24 hours.”
- Helps you plan better.
- Helps children cope with ADHD.
- Helps athletes concentrate and perform better.
The supplement delivers an even low dose of calming energy without the high jitters and low crash you get from other caffeinated products like caffeine gum, strips, shots, gummies, and energy drinks.
It’s slow released over a delayed time period giving your body a natural calm and smooth boost feeling for all day productive work. Use as a nootropic stack or pair with caffeine free supplements or pre workout powder for an extra energy booster.
Nootropics help you think
The take-away from all this is that nootropics can make you feel better mentally, improve how well you think and remember, help you be more creative, and enhance alertness. Some medical practitioners are using them to treat dementia and memory loss, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and to stay awake when needed.